Many are suffering in NSW and QLD due to those fires burning everywhere, and Bunnings wants to raise money to help them out.
This Friday (November 22), get along to Bunnings for their national sausage sizzle fundraiser, enjoy a snag, donate some coins into their donation tins, and be safe in the knowledge that all monies raised will go to towards bushfire and drought victims.
Bunnings will partner with GIVIT, who is an organisation that works with charities, community groups and councils.
GIVIT chief executive officer Sarah Tennant has announced that the money raised from the national sausage sizzles will be used to buy bushfire victims what they need the most.
Many have already gotten behind raising money for those impacted by the bushfires with online fundraising campaigns:
- At the point of typing- over $700,000 has been raised for the Port Macquarie Koala Hospital who has been helping koalas that have been affected by recent fires
- A GoFundMe campaign for bushfire relief on the NSW mid coast has raised over $53,000 so far
- One for the Wytaliba community has raised over $51,000
- The Salvation Army also has a Bushfire Disaster Appeal going on
- Australian Red Cross is taking donations via the Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery
- A NSW Rural Fire Service and Brigades has created a GoFundMe page called “help our heroes”
So there are many ways to help (if you don't want to get a snag from Bunnings) to help those affected by these devastating fires.
For more on the story, click HERE