Local News

Guests flee fire at Daylesford spa

CFA fire truck 2018Mar17BalaratMar18BallanEEF 097.JPG

Guests at a Daylesford hotel were forced to evacuate following an overnight fire.

10 CFA trucks were called to a spa on Vincent Street at 10.06pm yesterday (October 10), with the fire believed to have started in the laundry, caused by towels and blankets in a dryer.

Firefighters donned breathing apparatus and carried out atmospheric monitoring.

The blaze was under control at around 10.30pm with a few rooms at a neighbouring hotel suffering smoke damage, and evacuated guests required to find alternative accommodation.

Hepburn Shire Council is expected to attend this morning to assess the damage.

No one was reported injured.