Ballan shop fire sends one person to hospital

July 5, 2024 11:54 am in by
Photo: Getty Images

Fire crews from across the region have responded to a cafe fire in Ballan, which has left one person in hospital.

The fire on Inglis Street began at around 9:15am, with units from Bacchus Marsh, Ballan, Gordon, Mount Egerton, Greendale and Myrniong responding.

Crews discovered the fire had started from an oil fryer.

Article continues after this ad

The blaze extended to the shops top floor; however, it has been contained to a single building.

Advanced Life Support paramedics attended the scene, with one person transported by road to the Ballarat Base Hospital.

A power and gas company and police were also called to the scene.